Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Desk Drawer

There is so much going on I am overwhelmed, and I wanted to write more here than that. So, I will play the My Emergency Stash (aka personal stuff jammed into my desk drawer). I ran into this meme over at The Bitter and the Sweet and at Terminal Degree, both of whom target Flavia at Ferule and Fescue as the source of all this.

From memory:

  • Half box of business cards, top missing
  • One mug (after both of my others mysteriously vanished...)
  • One bowl and one metal (not disposable) tablespoon for lunch at the computer (no pilfered silverware, though... Flavia's equipped for higher-class emergency lunches than yours truly)
  • One teabag for some random flavored tea
  • A small container of pushpins (which is remarkable, as there is no corkboard in sight)
  • An extra key to a post office box
  • Napkins
  • An unopened bottle of salad dressing (it has worked like a charm; the salad place up the street has never forgotten to include my dressing-on-the-side since I brought this puppy in!)
  • Advil
  • Benadryl (1)
  • Band-aids
  • A tube of Cortisone-10 (hey, I'm an archaeologist with crazy sensitivity to Poison Ivy!)
  • A half bottle of Burts Bees Milk and Honey Skin Lotion

I still remember a former colleagues' desk drawer.. it had EVERYTHING. She could be locked in her office for a week and not starve nor suffer, and come out refreshed and coiffed. Compared to the others, I am a piker when it comes to office stashery. My car, however, is another story. I don't call it the Rolling Accumulation for naught!

Edit: Apologies to Flavia for suggesting she pilfered that silverware! I just read her comments, and it was purchased.

Edit 2: I checked at work. I also have a pack of tissues and a small box of Tea Tree Chewing Sticks (aka toothpicks).

No comments: