Friday, September 3, 2010

Wrangling Meetings

I've been scheduling visits to prospective PhD schools. One was done a year ago, one is set, one is pending, one won't happen because I've already been there (though it was many years ago), and prospective advisor and I will meet at an upcoming archaeological conference.

One school I haven't heard back from re: are you taking students and request for a visit; I will re-send, now that school is back. One school I haven't written to yet (and need to get on that). And I won't be visiting School On The Other Side of the Country, at least not at this stage.

I feel like I am running out of weekends and time. Thank goodness I have a healthy chunk of vacation time left this year; I'll be using it!

Also on the To Do list:
- Write statements of interest
- Retake the GRE
- Perhaps a nap

2 comments:

Ink said...

Ack! Even just hearing "GRE" makes my palms sweaty. LOATHED taking those exams.

I mean: good luck preparing for the GRE. And doing all the other things, too! :)

Digger said...

I'm not a big fan of standardized tests, but they are a necessary hurdle. So, I'll jump; twice even!